- Dagny: Do you still need proof that I’m always waiting for you?
- Rearden: Dagny, why is it that most women would never admit that, but you do?
- Dagny: Because they’re never sure that they ought to be wanted. I am.
- Rearden: I do admire self-confidence.
- Dagny: Self-confidence was only one part of what I said, Hank.
- Rearden: What’s the whole?
- Dagny: Confidence of my value—and yours.
Asking for a dream to become reality is pointless;
The dream may come true, but that doesn’t mean you’ll be living it.
When someone tells you to brake, brake slowly.
If you are uncertain of meaning, ask for clarification.
Homonyms = tools of the manipulative and the cunning
= some of the best tools to silliness in writing
I feel that no matter how much everyone else tells me, how much they confide in me, of their own choosing, how much they open up their hearts, and pour their stress and hardly understood feelings and emotions out into my lap to sort through, unjumble, and replace carefully with newer ideas in tow, I’m not going to tell them anything. I don’t mind talking about myself. I love talking about myself and my ideas and my nonexistent plans. I like talking about that past, I love speaking descriptively and creatively and misleadingly. I love helping others understand themselves better. I love letting them reach their own conclusions. I love watching them grow and I most importantly love the feeling of knowing that I had some part of that miraculous change. Though I love being a helpful person, I don’t think I can do that. It hurts me. I don’t understand why I feel so defensive. I don’t know why I suddenly feel such abhorrence towards the people who confide in me. They truly did nothing wrong. Their thoughts and experiences prove no burden. So why am I feeling like this? I think I need more time to think about this. It probably would be a good idea to talk to someone. I’m not crazy, I’m just thinking too much, caring too much about the unimportant things. Hmmm, I think I’m just selfish. That, and I probably do think too highly of myself. Curse this desire to be desirable in a non-appearance related way.
the color of the evening stars.” —The Technicolor Phase;
Motion City Soundtrack
- lepho: o_o you are so protected from the world
- rish: lol true
- rish: but you guys break through the barrier
- rish: and feed me things
- rish: that should not be eaten xDDD
- lepho: o_o
- lepho: -gives you dead platypus-
- rish: O=
- rish: -eatsbecauseitcamefromyou-
- lepho: LOL
- lepho: you will gain a mysterious moustache
- lepho: in the most randomest place
- lepho: on your body
- rish: o_o
- rish: that is
- rish: weird
- rish: xDDDD
- lepho: 8D OF COURSE IT IS
- rish: maybe
- rish: i will get accepted into
- rish: your conversations of things you do not explain to me!
- lepho: ROFL i just dont want to corrupt you
- lepho: PROTECT THE INNOCENTS
- lepho: -puts your head in a pillow case-
- rish: o_o
- rish: -runsaroundlikeaturkeyostrich-
- lepho: -stares-
- rish: -stops-
- rish: -spotsphoebeshadowshape-
- rish: -runsafter-
- lepho: -digs a hole and burrows her way to china-
- lepho: WAN FAI LAI
- rish: o_o
- rish: -squaks-
- rish: NO COMPRENDO!
- lepho: me either
- lepho: 8D
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
-el amor -members of the opposite gender (xD;;) -death -stem changes in the preterite -not finishing Senior Project -getting anything lower than an A in anything that is not an AP class -college -el futuro -needles -the thought of war reaching home -los gentes inteligentes -entering stores like Hollister or Abercrombie or Icing or PacSun… o_o; -shopping in general -leaving telephone messages -seeing people I know other than the M.O.B. in public -not getting picked up on time and having to wait alone -falling asleep and not waking up on time -bugs -running out of writing supplies during an exam -having a calculator run out of battery -hurricanes … y mucho mas. (There needs to be an accent. But oh well.)